Welcome! If you’re looking for a versatile, no-nonsense publications professional who will respect your voice and your priorities, meet your deadlines, and rise to your project’s unique challenges, you’ve come to the right place. Whether your manuscript needs reorganization, a review to ensure clear and idiomatic English, or a final polish before you go public, I can help. Here’s what I bring to the job:
- over 15 years of editorial experience
- master’s degree in history
- formal training in manuscript, newspaper, and medical editing; certification by the Board of Editors in the Life Sciences
- experience applying a range of editorial styles (Chicago, American Psychological Association, Associated Press, Oxford/New Hart’s Rules, American Medical Association, Council of Science Editors, United Nations, and US Government Printing Office) as well as in-house style guides
- software skills — Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Acrobat Reader; PDF Studio Pro; Affinity Designer, Photo, Publisher
- languages other than English — Spanish and German
I’ve worked on general-interest, policy-focused, and academic publications — on topics ranging from agriculture to fisheries to transnational crime — for newspapers, book publishers, small businesses, nonprofit organizations, government agencies, and individual authors. I can provide support at every editorial level, from proofreading to light or heavy copy editing to more intensive structural editing, as well as basic document design, layout, or coding. I often work with authors whose first language is not English.
If your project involves words, I can help make it shine. Whether you're ready to go to work or would just like more information, let's talk!
Writing samples available here:
Editing samples available on request.